Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thirsty Work


I went back to my local gym this week after winter hibernation and look what was there to greet me!!

My fellow gym-goers have been hard at work, creating beautiful bras for the Girls Night In as part of fund-raising for Breast Awareness month.  Members were invited to purchase a bra (bought from the Salvos) for $5 and then decorate it with a movie theme in mind.  

Can you guess the movies?


These women are just so inspiring.  I love going to the gym.  It's time for me of course which is essential but  I also feel much more connected to my community by going....



The women who run the gym - from owner Sharon through to her crew - Norma, Jill and Anne Joel -are so supportive, thoughtful and enthusiastic.  They are always organising a charity drive of some sort. 





And the members are pretty special too obviously.  They are a cheery bunch at 5:30 in the morning I have to say!  Swapping recipes and sharing jokes.  It's a great way to wake up.

More importantly I can move more easily when I go to the gym regularly and don't feel such an old crock.

Which bra do you like the best?  Did you "get" all the movies?

3 comments:

Lauren said...

oh they are fantastic! I think I like the 2 first ones...especially the purple one...but I can't guess what movie it is! happy blogtoberfest!

sirenofbrixton said...

They're great! The Color Purple? Pretty in Pink? Star Wars and hmmm, I thought maybe muppets or a batman movie

Sherrin said...

There's some pretty wild bras in there!! You reckon they'd leave much of a line under a tshirt??