Monday, August 23, 2010

ReadaThing

Here's a bad photo of me kicking off the ReadaThing at Avid Reader in West End yesterday.  That's what happens when you have to take a photo of yourself, by yourself, with your mobile phone - all the time worrying that the people sitting beside you think this is the most overblown case of narcissim they have ever witnessed - either that or sheer insanity!!  Ah - the things we do for social networking....

I chose to read The Passage by Justin Cronin - a futuristic vampire tale - which is a monster of a book at over 700 pages!!

And what a monster of an election!!  There will be a few pollies with sore heads this week I imagine.  Except for Bob Brown of course.  That smile won't come off his face for a while :)  A Greenslide indeed.

I've never seen such long queues outside polling booths .....and Bel voted for the first time bless her!

New culinary territory was explored in honour of the marginal election dinner party hosted for John and Julie - lamb, harissa and chickpea casserole....I've never used harissa paste before and it was a bit tricky to track down.....I should probably make my own in future instead of paying outlandish prices at the local wonderful but expensive gourmet deli. 

The upside down apple tartin was a big hit too with lashings of whipped cream.  There's nothing like baked apple to make you feel loved.  Quick! Give some to poor Maxine....

5 comments:

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

Your Readathing bit made me laugh! I didn't get to participate because we had family visit from out of town. Maybe next time.

lisa :) said...

Very cool! I didn't get to participate this year since my weekend was super busy but it sounds like everyone who did it had fun!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Hi Luvvie. I got your comment about the button. Happy to try and help you out. Why don't you email me at tinniegirl(at)optusnet(dot)com(dot)au and we can try and figure out the problem.

Just checking first, are you trying to add the gadget from the layout area in blogger? You need to be on your blog layout area and click on add a gadget in there. You won't be able to do it directly from my Flickr page. Hope that makes sense. But email me if you still can't make it happen.

Cheers
Cathy

Unknown said...

hey darlin!!

log into ur blog account, go to the 'design section' add a gadget then on the list there is one called
picture, click that one
and it will ask u to either upload an image or link one from the net

u want to use
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/5032641832_3ff93d8d06_o.png code for the link one from the net

if you have any issues, email me
@ theinnerstitch@gmail.com
and I'll take some screen shots for you

Alex Daw said...

Thank you wonderful new friends for helping me join the blogtoberfest and get my button happening!!!