Saturday, April 24, 2010

To market ...to market...

to buy a fat pug?

No we admired the pug...and moved on....

This morning, dear friend Deb and I hit the New Farm markets.. and oh what fun we had....


with our trolleys.  They are not old lady trolleys...they are sensible and necessary...otherwise one gets tired and fractious lugging around baskets of stuff.  They are useful as battering rams against all the prams....which my friend remarked contained an extraordinary number of TWINS!!

We saw and bought amazing things...not this....



beehive ginger...amazing isn't it?   But I did buy some bitter-melon......and then we went and sat under the big moreton bay fig tree.....I rushed back for figs but they had sold out....



Do you like my gerberas?  What's your favourite flower and why?

Here's the latest progress shot of modern primitive....I told you he was BIG!!



3 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

He he he .
You have finally crossed the line.
Complaining about prams.
Dragging shopping trolleys behind you.
Knitting tea cosies.

You mad old woman.

It (the tea cosy) doesn't look too big to me. Once he has his lining and his stuffing and all his hair - he will look magnificent.

I'm doing a modern primitive myself right now too.

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

I've been reading To Market, To Market to my class the past few weeks. They love it! I got some stuffed toy vegetables and we pretend to make the soup at the end.

P.S. My favorite flower is probably the sunflower, but I love gerbera daisies too!

lisa :) said...

Gerberas are my favorite flower too! With orchids as a very close second. And I have to say that the trolleys (in the states we call them carts) seem very practical and I wish I had one for the outdoor markets near me! I feel like I can never buy as much fruit and veg as I want because it gets way too heavy!