Saturday, April 10, 2010

Countdown

Just under13 hours to the Read-a-thon!!

And the books are....

  1. The Talented Mr Ripley - Patricia Highsmith (which Helen lent me)
  2. Last Seen in Lhasa - Claire Scobie (which Karen lent me)
  3. Perfume - Patrick Suskind (which Patricia lent me)
  4. S'pose I Die - Hector Holthouse (which Patricia's mother-in-law lent me - sort of)
  5. High Fidelity - Nick Hornby (which Lynda lent me)
  6. Whisper Me Your Secrets - Brenda Hall-Taylor (which Lynda also lent me)
  7. Let the Great World Spin - Colum McCann (from the library)
  8. Have Mercy on Us All - Fred Vargas (from the library)
  9. The Radetzy March - Joseph Roth (from the library)
  10. The Return of the Native - Thomas Hardy (from the library)
  11. The Boy in Red - Violet Needham (wot I bought on e-bay)
  12. Beware of Pity - Stefan Zweig (wot I bought from the Book Depository)
  13. The Lacuna - Barbara Kingsolver (from the library)
  14. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (wot I bought from Myer)and most fittingly - last but not least
  15. Why Should anyone be Led by You ? - Rob Goffee and Gareth Jones
And having just moved from obese to overweight, the snacks will be :


  • low-fat yoghurt
  • rabbit food and hommus
  • peaches
  • light cheese
  • peanut butter and rice cakes
  • crunchy muesli bars
The guinea pigs are excited already - they got the celery tops and carrot trimmings.



And Tweetie is standing by ready to ring the bell!!

9 comments:

Nikola said...

Nick Hornby - fun choice! I'm so looking forward to my 1st readathon!

BTW, you just got yourself a new follower. :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Fantastic book line up - I am here with back up veggies if you need them! :) Go Reader!

Monica said...

::: laughs :::

My parakeets have been cheering me on... loudly... since six o'clock this morning.

I suppose it's inspirational? ;)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I love the pets cheering you on....I wonder if my Shegecko is cheering me on from his home in my school library?!

I just became a follower. I'd love to see you stop in and become a follower, too!

www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

BTW, I'm not really French...just a wannabe!

sprite said...

The Lacuna is on my potential pile TBR, too. Good luck with your stack!

Beth F said...

Awesome healthy foods!!!

What is there to read?
Piles of books are everywhere
Can't chose the next one

Haiku #13 (inspired by Dawn @ She Is Too Fond of Books)

Serena said...

Looks like you are making great headway
Keep up the reading, don’t let that head sway
Eyes on the page and coffee in hand
You’ll be entering a new land.

GO READER!

Heather said...

good snack choices. HOpe you're having fun with your reads.

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

What a cute guinea pig!