Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pastimes


aka diversions....

Am feeling very content today....dinner is in the slow cooker (lamb shanks)...bread is in the bread oven....so there are lots of lovely smells brewing.....

The house has had a bit of a spit and polish (don't want to get too carried away - just enough so I don't flinch when I walk into particular areas)...

and lots of little projects on the go or about to be on the go...

Yesterday I went to Patches to have a good old squiz at fabric...in preparation for an Applique workshop this month.  I am very keen on William Morris stuff and purchase Michele Hill's book on William Morris Applique whilst on my sojourn with Grand Purl Baa last year... I met my tutor who helped me choose fabrics for the class...thanks Beverley!

I also had a mooch around Henderson's looking at sewing machines.  There are some good specials on at the moment in preparation for Mother's Day.  Janomes seem to be all the go but I've been a Husqvarna girl to date and am worried about changing brands.  I've received lots of good advice from everyone....go in, sit down and try them out....so I will!!

Started knitting Phil's jumper last night.  On the advice of Grand Purl Baa I bought some yarn from Thicket so got quite a good bargain.  It's very different from knitting with baby wool though!

I watched Seraphine whilst I knitted and was absolutely captivated by the character Yolande Moreau portrayed...what a great actress!  You may remember she played the concierge in Amelie.  I love Seraphine's artwork - described as naive or by some as Modern Primitive.

Here is an example...


Isn't it beautiful?  Seraphine de Senlis was a cleaner/domestic by day and artist by night....inspirational stuff.

3 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Woo Hoo. Look at all this playful creativity. Well done you.

Steve Capelin said...

Kangaroo island was great. Pity we didn't have your contact though we did have one of our own who works at Seal Bay and leads tours onto the beach. (saved us a packet too.
Great mix of isolation, wildlife, wineries and qaintness.

Melody said...

Wow I envy your creativity! i wish I was half that good. That artowrk is gorgeous!