Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Promised Land by Barry Maitland


The Promised Land (Brock & Kolla #13)The Promised Land by Barry Maitland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Imagine my delight when I discovered I had won an advanced copy of this title from Allen and Unwin.
It proved to be a Christmas cracker of a mystery! Pages were turned faster and faster as I tried to discover if my hunches were correct.

This is #13 in the Brock and Kolla series but I don't think you need to have read any of the previous stories to keep up. No doubt there are many fans out there champing at the bit for the next instalment and they won't be disappointed.

Set in London, Detective Chief Inspector Kathy Kolla is now working alone, since her long-time partner Brock recently retired. Can she crack the new case without his help? More importantly, can he survive retirement? This is very much a play within a play, and without wanting to give too much away, it will help to have your literary wits about you. Enjoy!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

GeniAus said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I haven't read Barry Maitland.

Alex Daw said...

Dear Jill, give him a try. I think you'd quite like him. He came and spoke at Arana Hills Library a few years ago.