Monday, October 31, 2016

#AWW2016 Bingo Challenge





Ouf - well the challenge was set quite a while ago and I don't seem to have done too well.  At first I thought I would be able to complete Bingo Card 1:

A book with a mystery - Peter May's The Lewis Man

A book by an indigenous author - um not sure if The Vegetarian by Han Kang qualifies really

A book set in the outback - hmmmm

A book by someone under thirty - oh dear

FREE SQUARE - Small Acts of Disappearance by Fiona Wright

A short story collection - A few Days in the County and other stories by Elizabeth Harrower

A book that's more than 10 years old - Lolly Willowes by Sylvia Townsend Warner

A bestseller - The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende

A book published this year - Murder on the Serpentine by Anne Perry

So no Bingo on Card 1 I'm afraid...




Let's try Card Two

A book set in your favourite town or city - Hades by Candice Fox

A funny book - Me Teddy by Chris McKimmie 

The first book by a favourite author - The Promise Seed by Cass Moriarty

A forgotten classic - The Eye of Love by Margery Sharp

Free Square - High Rising by Angela Thirkell

A book with poems - well I did buy a book of poems in Canberra in April and I've been meaning to read it but that doesn't count does it - but just in case you are interested it is Rosemary Dobson Collected.

A book you heard about online - Between a Wolf and a Dog by Georgia Blain

A book by someone of a different ethnicity to you - The Vegetarian by Han Kang

A book of non-fiction - The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

So almost Bingo Card Two but not quite.


2 comments:

GeniAus said...

Checking out the Bingo cards they look like fun - although I fear I am doomed to failure.

Alex Daw said...

You think you'll be able to knock them over easily Jill but I'm shocked by how little I've read this year and my appallingly brief reviews...never enough time and all that.